Reagent Strips for Urinalysis are used to determine pathological changes in a patient's urine during a standard urinalysis. To test, the strip must be immersed in, then removed from, a urine sample. After 1-2 minutes, the squares on the strip, will begin to change color to display the levels of various components of the urine. A key on the container helps the person administering the test to better read the activated strip. These strips are used by doctors, laboratories, and healthcare professionals to diagnose, screen for, and monitor health issues. They are often used to screen for or monitor diabetes, but can also help detect blood sugar issues, kidney function issues, acid-base balance issues, bacteriuria, occult blood, and other conditions.
Reagent Strips for Urinalysis tests for:
- Ketone (Acetoacetic Acid)
- Specific Gravity
The reagent test areas on Siemens Diagnostics Reagent Strips are ready to use upon removal from the bottle and the entire reagent strip is disposable. The strips may be read visually, requiring no additional laboratory equipment for testing. Certain configurations of strips may also be read instrumentally, using the Clinitek(R) family of Urine Chemistry Analyzers and the appropriate Program Module or Program Card. Reagents: (Based on dry weight at the time of impregnation)
- Glucose: 2.2% w/w/ glucose oxidase (microbial, 1.3 IU); 1.0% w/w peroxidase (horseradish 3300 IU); 8.1% w/w potassium iodide; 69.8% w/w buffer; 18.9% w/w nonreactive ingredients.
- Bilirubin: 0.4% w/w 2, 4-dichloroaniline diazonium salt; 37.3% w/w buffer; 62.3% w/w nonreactive ingredients.
- Ketone: 7.1% w/w sodium nitroprusside; 92.9% w/w buffer.
- Specific Gravity: 2.8% w/w bromthymol blue; 68.8% w/w poly (methyl vinyl ether/maleic anhydride); 28.4% w/w sodium hydroxide.
- Blood: 6.8% w/w diisopropylbenzene dihydroperoxide; 4.0% w/w 3, 3', 5, 5'-tetramethylbenzidine; 48.0% w/w buffer; 41.2% w/w nonreactive ingredients.
- pH: 0.2% w/w methyl red; 2.8% w/w bromthymol blue; 97.0% w/w nonreactive ingredients.
- Protein: 0.3% w/w tetrabromphenol blue; 97.3% w/w buffer; 2/4% w/w nonreactive ingredients.
- Urobilinogen: 0.2% w/w p-diethylamino-benzaldehyde; 99.8% w/w nonreactive ingredients.
- Nitrite: 1.4% w/w p-arsanilic acid; 1.3% w/w 1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydrobenzo(h) quinolin-3-ol; 10/8% w/w buffer; 86.5% w/w nonreactive ingredients.
- Leukocytes: 0.4% w/w derivatized pyrrole amino acid ester; 0.2% w/w diazonium salt; 40.9% w/w buffer; 58.5% w/w nonreactive ingredients.
Purchase these test strips and other diabetes supplies at a discount price at Save Rite Medical.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Schools & Universities
- Assisted Livings & Care Facilities
- Government Agencies